SharePoint Business Intelligence Certificate
SharePoint Institute’s Business Intelligence Certificate is a high-level certificate for SharePoint professionals. Designed for those with power user experience, the SharePoint Business Intelligence Certificate demonstrates a professional’s understanding of the dynamic business intelligence information one can attain using SharePoint. It also proves their fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes used to ingrain business intelligence as a function of SharePoint.
One can attain the SharePoint Business Intelligence Certificate by meeting the following requirements:
- Obtain the SharePoint Power User Certificate from SPI (or equivalent knowledge)
- Take a SharePoint Institute approved course in Business Intelligence
- Pass the SharePoint Business Intelligence Assessment
Approved courses are provided by any of SharePoint Institute’s education partners and many include an exam pass guarantee to receive the certificate.
While completion of an approved course is not required to receive the SharePoint Business Intelligence Certificate, attendance in a relevant SharePoint Business Intelligence course is highly recommended for those looking to gain a complete, implementable understanding of SharePoint capabilities.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Upon successful completion of an approved course and receiving a passing score on the assessment, students will be able to:
- Explain the SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Features.
- Explain how to use Excel Services and demonstrate how to build and implement Excel Services solutions.
- Integrate SQL Reporting Services with SharePoint to build dynamic reports and share information.
- Surface Analysis Services cubes via SharePoint BI features.
- Implement scorecards, dashboards, and KPIs using PerformancePoint.
- Explain the capabilities of PowerPivot and demonstrate how to analyze data with PowerPivot.
- Create external data sources utilizing Business Connectivity Services.
- Create and implement out-of-box BI web parts such as the KPI and chart web parts.
- Build interactive dashboards that support filtering, reports, KPI’s, and scorecards.
- Explain and utilize best practices for implementing effective, high-performing BI solutions.
- Explain when to use the Business Intelligence Center template and create sites utilizing the template.
- Explain how to provide intuitive ad-hoc reporting for business users by implementing Power View.
- Explain the benefits and limitations of each BI tool and which ones will work best for providing business insights.
About the Assessment
The assessment is composed of multiple choice questions designed to test your SharePoint Business Intelligence knowledge. Specific content focuses on the following topics, but is not limited to:
- Visualizing data with engaging graphics
- Understanding PowerPivot and analyzing data
- Implementing out of the box web parts such as KPI
- Knowing the benefits and limitations of BI tools
- Implementing scorecards, dashboards and KPIs
- Integrating with SQL reporting services
- Using Power View with Designer, Components, Filtering, Highlighting and Slicers
- Developing Excel Services reports
- Developing, deploying and administering Visio services
- Configuring external data connections with SharePoint
- Improving operational efficiency and costs
- Creating ad-hoc reporting of deep data